Briefcase: Feb. 16
Briefcase is a roundup of new hires, achievements, awards and promotions in the Tallahassee business community.
• Gadsden County native Brian Lamb, the former star point guard at USF, now head of Fifth Third Bank’s retail banking and brokerage, was honored Feb. 3 as the 2020 Person of Vision, in recognition of his “profound impact on the state of Florida through true community leadership and vision.” The Person of Vision Award Dinner is the signature event of Preserve Vision Florida, the state’s premier nonprofit dedicated to preserving sight through vision screenings, correction, medical treatment and advocacy.
• Valerie Dawkins has recently joined Right at Home Tallahassee as its Client Relationship Manager. She will be responsible for ensuring the needs of Right at Home’s senior clients are met while improving their quality of life and helping to maintain their independence. Dawkins has many years of experience working with customers in the financial services industry to ensure they received quality customer service.
2020年欧冠赛程表• H Avon Doll, Jr, MD, of North Florida Nephrology Associates, has been tapped to be the president for the Florida Society of Nephrology.
2020年欧冠赛程表• Robert G. Churchill, Jr., Esq., of Churchill Law Group, PLLC, in Tallahassee, was recently honored with the Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award, which recognizes lawyers, judges, law firms and associations that have contributed extraordinary pro bono service to members of the public. The Supreme Court of Florida hosted a ceremony recognizing the exemplary pro bono contributions of Florida Bar members throughout the state, including Churchill, for his pro bono legal work in Florida's Second Judicial Circuit (Leon, Gadsden, Jefferson, Wakulla, Liberty and Franklin Counties).
• Brooks, LeBoeuf, Foster, Gwartney, Leace & Hobbs, PA, announces that shareholder, Ryan B. Hobbs, has been named a Super Lawyer Rising Star in the area of Employment. Super Lawyers recognizes Rising Stars as the top 2.5% of outstanding lawyers in the state who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement and who are 40 years old or younger. Hobbs’s practice focuses on employment law, including wrongful termination, discrimination, and sexual harassment.
• St. Francis Wildlife Association, Inc. 2020 Board of Directors: Pat Simmons, Barbara Barnett, Kelly Craft, Ian Waldick, Esq., Elenita Gomez, Esq., Mitch Potter, DVM, Donna Hansell, Lorena Vollrah-Bueno, Esq., Patty Ball Thomas, PhD, Rhonda Shipley, Stephanie Morse, Esq., Hope Keating, Esq., Laura Phipps, John L. Brennan III, Esq., Kayla Gainer-Edwards, Director/Wildlife Rehabilitator.
• PrimeSouth Properties would like to congratulate Sedita Cayson. He is the Top Producing Agent for January 2020.
Send your news to TLH-Briefcase_ Milestones@m3dancehouse.com.
Never miss a story: